Intern - Commissioning
For over 50 years Ettinger Engineering Associates, a premier MEP/FP consulting engineering firm located in midtown Manhattan has been partnering with select developers, architects, institutions and municipal agencies to provide exceptional building design and application services.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated student interested in working in the engineering consulting industry. The ideal candidate will possess technical skills, communication skills & an interest in Commissioning, NYC Energy Code Progress Inspections & NYC Technical Reports (Special Inspections).
With guidance, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support commissioning and inspection services for new & existing construction projects in accordance with NYC code requirements and applicable sustainability programs.
- Support on site inspections to satisfy TR-1 & TR-8 requirements
- Develop & maintain related documentation and reports for relevant commissioning initiatives (including but not limited to: Commissioning plans, prefunctional checklists, functional testing procedures, etc.)
- Review construction drawings for compliance with program requirements.
- Provide support services to senior staff in developing final commissioning reports, field observation reports, system deficiency reports, and other tasks as required.
General Qualifications include:
- Bachelors or working toward completion of Bachelors in a related field of study (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Studies/Science).
- Strong understanding of foundational principles within the field of study.
- Good academic standing.
- Interest in the MEP/sustainability/construction sector.
- Candidate must be willing to travel to all 5 NYC boroughs.
- Must be a strong communicator and have strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to seek information when needed and be a self-starter.
- Well organized and energetic.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $17.00 / hr.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New York, NY 10018
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
EEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Read about our company culture
Please submit your resumes and/or cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Careers