Intern - Commissioning
Ettinger Engineering Associates is a premier MEP/FP consulting engineering firm located in midtown Manhattan. Since 1960, the firm has been partnering with select developers, architects, institutions and municipal agencies to provide exceptional building design and application services.
Currently we offer a paid internship for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate to support our Sustainability Department.This position will provide ample opportunity to gain professional expertise through on-the-job training and observation.
Tasks associated with the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review construction drawings/submittals for compliance with program requirements, like LEED, ENERGY STAR, Enterprise Green Communities etc.
- Provide documentation and program compliance support for projects targeting energy efficiency and green building certifications.
- Undertake information gathering, research and analysis of data. Data entry and updates.
- Opportunity for field visits to conduct visual inspection/observation of construction progress.
Minimum required qualifications for this position are:
- Recent graduate in a building environment design or planning field i.e. architecture, mechanical engineering, energy management or building-related engineering disciplines. Current undergraduate students will also be considered.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage several tasks concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Database and quantitative analysis skills a plus.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $17.00 / hr.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New York, NY 10018
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
EEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Read about our company culture
Please submit your resumes and/or cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Careers