Senior Electrical Engineer
Premier MEP/FP consulting engineering firm located in midtown Manhattan has been partnering with select developers, architects, institutions and municipal agencies to provide exceptional building design and application services.
You will be expected to design entire Electrical and Fire Alarm systems that conform to the appropriate building codes and standards. Applicant should be proficient at independently sizing and selecting equipment. Sr. Engineer will direct and train junior engineers and drafters as well as lead and provide intelligent building systems for a variety of project types simultaneously with varying sizes and levels of complexity. You will be expected to coordinate with larger teams and effectively manage project scopes, budget and scheduling/deadlines.
- Managing, assigning and leveling the daily workload of the Electrical department.
- Develop and maintain the department’s technical standard library (details, specs, calculational methods, protocols, etc.)
- Maintain department technical quality and excellence through technical reviews and training initiatives.
- Run department group meetings.
- Support the growth and development of your reports through work assignments, team building and, coaching/mentoring.
- Support departmental hiring and staffing.
- Work closely with firm’s principals in support of all the above.
As time allows, this position will also afford the opportunity to:
- Provide directly and/or supervise MEP design on specific and/or dedicated projects.
- Function as MEP project manager on select projects.
General Qualifications include:
- A BS in Engineering, 12-15+ years of experience in both building electrical design and personnel and/or project management.
- EIT certificate and/or PE License preferred.
- REVIT & CAD experience required.
- Must demonstrate experience managing medium and large size teams.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to solve complex technical and project level problems.
- Proficiency in MS OFFICE & Google Drive tools.
- Must be organized, energetic and accountable.
- Exceptional communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $80,995.00 - $144,622.00 per year.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New York, NY 10018
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
EEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Read about our company culture
Please submit your resumes and/or cover letters to email@example.com
Return to Careers