Mid Level Electrical / Lighting Design Engineer
Currently we have openings for experienced mid-level electrical / lighting design engineers who are experienced in both MEP electrical system and lighting system design.
This role will require lighting design from concept to build-out and a successful candidate will have experience with just this including lighting fixture selection, lighting level calculations, presenting architectural lighting packages, value engineering lighting packages, designing lighting controls, performing lighting ComCheck analyses, responding to lighting fixture submittals and RFIs and similar.
In performing MEP electrical system design, a successful candidate will have experience in building electrical systems design, creating plans, schematics, equipment selection, load calculations, response to shop drawings/submittals/RFIs, developing systems narratives and specifications etc.
Experience with fire alarm, low voltage system and/or auxiliary radio system design would be considered a plus.
These positions will provide an opportunity to work as a part of a multi-disciplined project team and interface with and take direction from company management on a wide variety of tasks. Applicant must be able to manage multiple competing priorities successfully with appropriate oversight.
General Qualifications include:
- A B.S. in Engineering and 2-5+ years experience in MEP Electrical engineering field
- Must have experience in lighting design
- Must be familiar with local building codes
- Must be experienced with both AutoCad and Revit
- Proficiency in MS OFFICE & Google Drive tools
- Must be a strong communicator and have strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to seek information when needed and be a self-starter
- Well organized and energetic
- EIT and/or PE, and/or LEED AP and/or PMP certification a plus
- Project Management and/or direct supervisory experience a plus
- Must be willing to work overtime and meet project deadlines
Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary based on the candidate's experience and credentials
- Medical, vision and dental insurance offered with substantial contributions by the firm
- Disability insurance for the employee paid for by the Firm
- 401k plan with firm matching schedule.
- PTO schedule increases with years of service
- Paid holidays
If interested, please send resume labeled with first and last name with minimum salary requirements. Also include a brief description of your relevant experience associated with the position requirements.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Read about our company culture
EEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Please submit your resumes and/or cover letters to email@example.com
Return to Careers