Currently we offer excellent career opportunities for a dynamic and qualified Sustainability Specialist to provide sustainability and energy efficiency services on residential and commercial buildings. This position will be integral to the development of our sustainability consulting team and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead sustainability scope on a wide range of projects. This role has excellent team building and growth potential for the right candidate.
Responsibilities associated with the position are:
- Co-ordinate and lead/support projects with sustainability and energy efficiency scope.
- Perform energy modeling on a wide range of software applications/tools.
- Provide documentation and program compliance support for projects targeting energy efficiency and green building certifications like LEED, Enterprise Green Community, Passive House, WELL, Living Building Challenge, ENERGY STAR and other state funded incentive programs.
- Review construction drawings/submittals for compliance with program requirements.
- Provide facilitation and support services to senior staff in developing reports, performing energy modeling, conducting analytical calculations, and other tasks as required.
- Perform commissioning services for new construction projects in accordance with LEED and NYC code requirements.
- Perform field verification/ diagnostic testing/ inspections on multifamily buildings.
Minimum required qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree in a building environment design or planning field i.e. architecture, mechanical engineering, energy management or building-related engineering disciplines.
- Certifications like PE, HERS Rater, LEED Green Rater, CxA, BPI, CEM, TAB are a PLUS.
- 2+ years of experience in sustainability, energy efficiency, field verification and/or building commissioning.
- 2+ years of experience performing energy modeling using building simulation software like REM/Rate, eQuest, Energy Plus etc.
- MEP experience is a strong PLUS.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage several projects concurrently, ensuring completion per schedule and budget.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
If interested, please send resume labeled with first and last name with minimum salary requirements. Also include a brief description of your relevant experience associated with the position requirements.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Read about our company culture
EEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Please submit your resumes and/or cover letters to email@example.com
Return to Careers