- Location: Melrose, Bronx, NY
- Owner/Developer: BRP Development Corp., Hudson Companies, The Related Companies, Common Ground, Comunilife, YMCA of Greater New York , The Kretchmer Companies, ELH Management
- Architect: MHG Architects, FX Fowle
- Status: Under Construction
Project Key Features
La Central, located in the Melrose neighborhood of the South Bronx, will be a five building multi-phase, mixed-use affordable housing development offering 992 apartments, with 96 units set aside for formerly homeless veterans and New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. The complex will include a 50,000 square foot state-of-the-art YMCA, space for BronxNet Television Studios, a public skate park, and a rooftop telescope and astronomy lab operated by the Bronx High School of Science. In addition, La Central will have 30,000 square feet of community space and approximately 45,000 square feet of new retail space.
- Address: 556 Bergen Avenue, Bronx, NY
Building A contains 215 apartments with approximately 268,540 GSF. The 12-story building will contain the 63,000 sq.ft YMCA, GrowNYC urban rooftop demonstration farm and 16,100 square feet of retail space. Building A includes Solar Photovoltaic, cogeneration and high efficiency variable refrigerant cooling and heating systems. In addition to base building design, EEA scope includes fit-out of the YMCA.
- Address: 600 Bergen Avenue, Bronx, NY
Building B contains 281 apartments with approximately 261,955 GSF. At 13 stories, Building B will contain 28,800 square feet of retail space and approximately 10,000 square feet of studio and classroom space for BronxNet. The building includes Solar Photovoltaic, cogeneration and high efficiency variable refrigerant cooling and heating systems.